Over 6 000 runners flocked to the streets of Bedfordview to take part in the 17th annual Dis-Chem Half Marathon on January 15, 2017
The half marathon is a seeding race for the Comrades Marathon.
Runners also took part in a 5km fun run on the day.
The top three runners for the half marathon were:
- Thabang Mosiako with a time of 1:05:53.
- Desmond Mokgobu, who finished with a time of 1:06:55.
- Phillimon Tebogo Mathiba, who finished with a time of 1:08:56.
The first woman to finish the half marathon was Christine Kalmer, who finished the 21km race with a time of 1:22:50
The top three runners of the fun run were:
- Vuyisile Choba, who finished in 15:44.
- Kabelo Melamu, who had a time of 16:09,
- Piet Sabelo, who finished in 16: 47.